May 2, 2014

BOOTLEG

Welcome to Bootleg,  a cozy bar in the middle of Gótico. From the minute we set foot in this place, it strangely felt like “home”. Warm lighting, affordable beer, friendly staff and a comfortable atmosphere… not to mention their incredibly cute (and slightly sad looking) dog which welcomed us at the entrance. A perfect place to meet friends, have a drink and a tapa on the side.

An insider’s tip
Tips from locals are always the best. There are so many bars and restaurants in this city, but sometimes it’s hard to find the right one. There are tons of tourist traps, with overpriced mini portions of tapas, or just a stiff atmosphere. We just felt like having an after work beer and tapa in Gótico, and a friend mentioned this bar. Hidden in a typical small Gótico street, we found a cute little bandana-wearing dog sitting in front of this warmly lit place. 

So damn cuuute! But why so sad?

Hummus con pan de pita
They have a small menu with dishes and tapas, and we decided to go for the hummus. For about 3,50 you get a decent plate of tasty hummus and warm pita bread. I think we’ve always ordered it there since; it’s just so nice to have something to snack on the side, and I guess it’s quite healthy too. At least two times, after a not-so-filling tapas meal (when ordering more and more is just getting too expensive) and we happened to be in the neighborhood, we were like “let’s have some hummus at Bootleg!”, ending up staying there for hours again, because the chairs are just too damn comfy. 

Fun fact: Corona beer is called Coronita in Spain. They won’t know what you mean if you order a Corona!
 


I’m discovering more and more good bars and restaurants here, and when I’m crazy about one place (Holly Sushi!), next thing you know I find a WAY better one (Kibuka!! Sushi will never taste the same again), so I’ll keep on writing about my discoveries.

Soon, I will hopefully also do a more personal update, as a lot of things are happening at the moment. I hope I can also blog more frequently once I settle down more, but working fulltime and having a life next to it can be exhausting, plus I prefer to spend my little bit of free time exploring this amazing city than to stay at home with my laptop. But I can’t switch of my “oh I should write about that on my blog!” look and thoughts, I’ll just have to find some balance. For now, I’m going to enjoy this sunny weekend, with guests all the way from South-Korea (!). Thanks for reading and have a good weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment